Sunday, June 30, 2013

On a Rainy day!!



On a rainy day, they cuddled up inside a blanket watching an episode of their favorite series “FRIENDS”. It had been a routine for them every weekend recently.
Just then, Ashish’s phone started vibrating. It read “Natasha calling”.
Ashish walked out of the room to answer the call.

Recently Riya (Ashish’s girlfriend) had been little insecure about Natasha and Ashish’s friendship. She usually never checked on him. But now she was getting too restless. So she decided to secretly check on him.
Ashish had this habit of deleting all his chat history. So Riya exchanged her Nokia phone with his HTC, since in Nokia phones there was this service which saved your delivery reports and one could read the first five-six words of the message sent in that delivery report.

Riya had again exchanged back her phone with Ashish this morning. So when Ashish went in the gallery to answer his phone, Riya took her phone and checked the delivery reports.
She found all messages sent on Natasha’s number. She opened the first message from the last. It read “Yes baby I really love you and I’ll be there for you always”
She froze! Her hands started shivering. She could feel her heartbeats pounding loud in her own ears.
But she wanted to know it all now. She went to the next message “Muwahh baby :* ”
Next, “No first you tell me where did you kiss me?” Teardrops fell on her phone screen.
“I’ll meet you tmrw :D”
“Ok baby, I’ll call you soon!”
She couldn’t believe her eyes. The tears just couldn’t stop. She took her bag and walked straight out of the room.

It was raining heavily outside. It was dark. She was scared. But she was more scared about the fact that she was cheated by one person she trusted the most. They had been together for four years! She was planning her life with him. Even her parents knew about them!
Walking alone on the streets, millions of thoughts running on her mind…

Now she was analyzing everything related to Ashish’s behavior in the past.

“How could I be such a fool? In last two years, I never understood a thing! I never even doubted him when he didn't answer her (Natasha’s) calls in front of me. When with her he never answered my calls. He always checked my phone but never let me do so!
Did he ever have feelings for me or was it just me who forced him along all this while and planned our future together?
Maybe that’s why he never told his parents about me.”
She wanted to confess all of this to him. Ask him why he did this to her. But she didn't have the courage to even talk to him right now.

She reached home. Her roommate, Shweta, saw her all wet, shivering and crying. She came running to her with a towel and helped her dry herself up first. She knew there was something wrong between her and Ashish. She made her a cup of hot coffee and gave her a blanket to keep herself warm. She just sat there besides Riya, holding her hand. “Everything will be fine” she said “Just calm down.”

Riya just sat besides the window of her room looking at the rain. Trying to distract herself. But all she could see was her own reflection in the window pane, sore eyes, and tears on her cheeks! It made her cry even more!
 
Ashish was continuously trying to call her. But she kept disconnecting it.
She wiped her tears trying to get a clearer look at the screen. Her tears were making the vision blurry. Finally, she messaged him saying, “I read the texts you sent to Natasha over this week. I need no explanation from your side for this. I can’t be with you anymore Ashish! It’s over!!"

She hugged Shweta and burst out into tears. She held on to her for a while. Trying to calm down.

P.S: This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda.

Do share your comments. Thank you. :) 

10 comments:

  1. I have been longing to read your blog when u disappeared.So you r back , i hooe you continue your writing.Wondrful blog.Though i felt it was an abrupt end to a beautiful story.I guess the guy at least deserved a chance to explain himself. You may wish to continue or may b leave it here..
    But i liked the story writing and could feel it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't thought of continuing this one!
      But am glad you are expecting more of it...
      Tried a fiction post for the first time and it seems to be working!
      I'll surely give it a try! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh the guy was cheating on her. Really sad and can imagine how bad Riya must be feeling and hurt. You have penned core reality which happens in todays world. GOOD WORK Neha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :)
      Planning to continue with the story...lets see if I can do justice to it.

      Delete
  3. Lovely! Riya's emotions are well expressed. :)
    The mobile exchange part can be elaborated..
    Do continue! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Priyanka!
      Am just an amateur blogger. Trying to improve myself. I'll surely continue.
      Keep sharing your views! :)

      Delete
  4. "Her tears were making the vision blurry" ah! fantastic!! Any ways, there are too many possibilities, cant say anything on good-bad, innocent-guilty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I actually related myself to write down the emotions described there.
      Thank you!
      The possibilities will be elaborated in the sequel...stay tuned! :)

      Delete