Birthdays have always been a BIG deal for me. It’s the one day that is just for you. Everyone gathers together to celebrate! I am not sure what, because just like all the previous years, even this year there was a cake, there were friends, surprises, gifts; but something was different this time.
Maybe because I turned 25 this birthday and now I am on the wrong side of the 20s. Well, doesn’t really sound that exciting to me when I put it that ways.
I recently read something a fellow blogger wrote about the changes she made in recent years of her life, realizing how lifestyle choices have a HUGE impact on oneself. And I surely second that.
I would love to share with you, 25 changes that I made in my lifestyle in last couple of years:
- Replace coffees throughout the day with green tea. And a glass of milk before sleeping.
- Eat more greens. I make green smoothies instead. Even better and doesn’t taste that bad either.
- Avoid junk and anything unhealthy for my body.
- Exercise regularly. Avoid elevators.
- Blog more often. Be more regular for my readers.
- Practice meditation before sleeping.
- Make more time for family and closed ones. Get together more often.
- Analyze. Be a better person. Every day.
- Never skip breakfast. Smoothies count.
- Smile. At strangers, too.
- Read something knowledgeable every day. Magazines don’t count.
- Give up on bad habits. I stopped biting my finger nails!
- Cook more often. Try a new recipe at least once a month.
- Make more time for things you are passionate about.
- Face your fears. It’s alright to have them. But don’t miss out on things in life ‘coz of them.
- Make the most of the weekends. Lying in bed all day long doing nothing counts. Sometimes.
- Learn something from every person you meet in life.
- Make long term plans. Work towards them.
- Do things that make you happy.
- Make a to-do list so you don’t forget things.
- Explore more places around the city. Make the most of the time you are there.
- Ride safe. No earphones when riding.
- Spontaneous is good. But take a while and think of the pros and cons before taking important decisions.
- Start and end your day with an affirmation. Feel positive.
Well, these are a few things to list out. Try some for yourself; I am sure you’ll thank me.